16 May 2013

Caveman versus Smartphone


-----

Caveman vs mobile phone series: |1| |2| |3| |4| |5| |6| |7|

-----

Disclaimer: Acer and Intel logos are trademark and copyright of their respective company. Neither company paid me to write this but they should seriously consider doing so. =P



Got my new toy on Monday!


Acer Liquid C1, my first smartphone.

Yes, I know, the caveman has come a long way.

Truth is, my first ever mobile phone, the Sony Ericsson J132, is still working just fine for all my mobile phone needs. I could continue using that phone without qualm.


In fact, I have no need of a smartphone functionalities.

And yet I went and bought this smartphone. This particular smartphone. Simply because its brain is something dear to my heart.


To me, smartphones are essentially small mobile computers with telephone function. Plus assortment of other gimmicks like camera, GPS, radio, et cetera. But fundamentally a computer.

Most people probably use a smartphone for its mobile internet function more than as a phone. Also probably use it as a quick snap camera or a gaming device more often than using it as a phone.

Anyway, since I am getting a 'computer', I figured I can't go wrong going with a company known for making industry leading computer processors. ;)


Sentimental significance aside, a good deal and this cute dust plug definitely tipped the scale.

So here I am, with a smartphone made by a computer company, powered by a Penwell chip. It bloody confuses me these couple of days!

Caveman has much to learn yet.


So far, the smartphone has beaten dumb caveman with a running score of 3:0.

The first was during the screen protector application. The second was it turning on by itself at 08:00 hours sharp the next morning after I received it, I still haven't a clue why it did that because I didn't set any alarm and it was turned off the night before.

It's a spooky x-file case that hasn't repeated itself since but I only have it for a few days thus far, so I will keep my fingers crossed.

The third was the multiple duplicates of contact that irked me no end and I couldn't figured out a neat and tidy way of handling it so eventually I deleted every single contact and re-entered them manually. That resolved it but brought the score to 3:0, smartphone versus caveman.

-_-

Anyway, I have WhatsApp now, so send me messages my friends! =P

 

3 comments:

CK said...

Oh, apparently I have to hold and slide towards the green phone icon to answer call...

So much for my frantic pressing and holding of that icon to no avail.

Smartphone 4 : caveman 0

Congratulations Nelson for being the first person to have a phone conversation with me on my smartphone. =P

江边鸟 said...

my pleasure ~ I was like waiting for 30s before you figure a way to pick up the phone :p

CK said...

at least I figured it out...

... eventually.