15 March 2016

Caveman and 'new' phone


-----

Caveman vs mobile phone series: |1| |2| |3| |4| |5| |6| |7| |8|

-----

May 2013 to March 2016, that's how long I have been using my first smartphone. Needless to say, I didn't get any smarter...

Anyway, I would have continued to use the smartphone, despite the battered look, the temperamental power button, and the pathetic internal memory size, if it would still retain its fundamental function as a phone.

But alas, it started to have problem detecting the SIM and SD cards, and lost the basic function of calling and receiving calls. Sorry mate, a phone without this basic function is just not a phone. It's just unacceptable.

Thank you for the many months of service provided, I apologise for the few accidental drops and slips of hand which you took like a champion and soldiered on.

Nothing as bad as what a friend of mine did: dropping the phone into the toilet, real shitty way to treat a phone. I told her she could have asked nicely if she wanted a new phone, not having to go to such drastic measure. =P

Anyway, my 'new' smartphone is nothing fancy, just a hand-me-down from wifey: Redmi. Took me all night to get my second smartphone to the state I like it to be.

As of the previous caveman versus mobile phone entry, the score is Smartphone 4 : Caveman 0, and I have lost track since. I think I have managed the transfer and setting up fairly well this round, so I am giving myself a victory this round, hehe.

Smartphone 4 : Caveman 1


No comments: